From Us to You
We know that buying a new home is more than just a major financial commitment, it is a major emotional commitment too, which is why we’d like you to know how we will support you.
We promise to talk to you and be there for any questions that you have throughout the process. We promise to consider your wants and needs and to be mindful of what we say and how we say it. We promise that any sales or marketing, be it written or spoken will be clear, easy to understand and truthful. We promise not to mislead you and we hope to build and keep your trust.
- We commit to your satisfaction.
- We will stay committed to your satisfaction until you move in.
- We will still be committed to your satisfaction long after.
- We will offer you detailed information before you buy your new home including the procedures we have put in place to support you.
- We will not use high pressure selling techniques. Instead, we will offer truthful and informative advice.
- We will keep you regularly updated throughout your new home’s construction, including the date of completion and your moving in date.
- We will offer advice to keep you safe and minimise danger during your home’s construction.
- We will provide a full demonstration of your new home’s many exciting features before you move in.
- We will supply you with written information to help guide you through the different stages of buying your new home, running it and maintaining it.
- We will explain the 12-year Buildmark warranty and all other warranties that you will benefit from.
- We will be there to support you after you move into your new home and we will offer an after-hours service in case of an emergency.
- We will provide you with a copy of the Consumer Code, which has helped us to define the best methods of supporting you. We will adhere to all requirements that this places upon us.
- We will ask an independent company to gather feedback from you in the form of a survey. That way, you can provide feedback and let us know how we are supporting you.
What is the consumer code?
This introduction from the Consumer Code for the sales of a new home will help you to understand how you are protected. You can find the full code by going to consumercodefornewhomes.com or asking your TopHat sales advisor.
"The Consumer Code for New Homes has been established to ensure that best practice is followed in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of New Homes and to set expected standards for after sales customer care service. The Code establishes mandatory requirements that apply to all Developers registered with the Code. Consumer Code for New Homes Ltd is the Code Sponsor, the body which manages the implementation and effectiveness of the Code. Where a Developer (or their Agent) is found to be in serious breach of the Code, the Cod e Sponsor can apply a range of sanctions, including removal from the Code’s register of members. This will also result in removal from the registers maintained by the Warranty Bodies. The Code provides an independent Dispute Resolution Scheme for complaints that arise and are made in writing to the Developer within two years of the date of the Completion of the New Home purchase. The Code also benefits second and subsequent Buyers of the New Home but only in respect of after sales matters reported within two years of the date of the Completion of the New Home purchase. Nothing contained within this Code affects a Buyer’s existing legal rights and does not replace any existing legislation regarding the sale and marketing of New Homes to consumers."
TopHat complies with the Consumer Code for new homes.
GET IN TOUCH
You are the kitchen that feeds our soul
You are the staircase that makes us tall
You are the bedroom that inspires dreams
You build your home, you hold the key
We are the foundation that keeps things together
We are the roof that keeps out stormy weather
We are the windows that keep your home warm
We’re here to help, we’re here to inform